Interested participants from low- and middle-income countries are invited to submit an application 2013 Global Tobacco Control Certificate Program Scholarship by January 18, 2013.
Recipients of the scholarship will be required to obtain a J-1 visa to participate in the in-person program courses held in Baltimore, MD from September – October.
- Participants with a US visa that will remain current through November 1, 2013 will be informed if that visa will meet the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH) visa requirements.
- Participants not currently holding a US visa that meets JHSPH requirements will be required to obtain a J-1 visa in order to participate in the program. JHSPH is not able to obtain any visas other than the J-1 short-term student visa for participants.
- While JHSPH is processing J-1 visa paperwork, participants are responsible for scheduling a J-1 appointment at the US Embassy.
- Participants receive the J-1 visa paperwork and a formal acceptance letter by April 1, 2013.
- Participants are required to submit a photocopy of their J-1 visa by email no later than July 6, 2013